Rotary Club of New Bedford, MA - Weekly GAM
GAM...A nautical term describing the exchange of news between vessels departing from and returning to their ports...
September 19, 2018
The Last Time (Didn’t) We Met
Hopefully everyone got the notice from either the Prez or myself that the meeting for 9/19 was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. We look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting.
Missed last week’s GAM? Maybe because it wasn’t sent out. You can check out what would have gone out at http://newbedfordma.clubwizard.com/Newsletter.cfm
The Next Time We Meet
September 26th – Lunch at the Wamsutta. Program TBA
UPCOMING EVENTS: What would you like to see at a Rotary meeting? Let us know
October 2nd – Monthly Board Meeting. 5:00 pm. Location: Fire Safety Inc., 955 Reed Rd, N. Dartmouth. MA. All are invited.
October 3rd – Lunch at the Wamsutta. Program TBA
October 10th – Lunch at the Wamsutta. Program TBA
October 12th – Club Social Gathering. Evening at the Barrett’s. Address will be sent in a separate email so we don’t post the address online. Please contact Carl about what you can bring.
Odds and Ends
CLUB SOCIAL NIGHT
It was officially announced!! SAVE THE DATE – Friday, October 12th. Mix and mingle with your fellow members. If everyone can bring something, it will make it easier for everyone involved. Contact Carl so he knows what you will bring. We hope everyone will join us for the fun and fellowship.
Lisa is still looking for dues from a few folks. If you haven’t got around to sending them, please do so.
DISTRICT AND RI REMINDERS (if you are interested in attending any of these, please ask a board member for more information as some events are club sponsored)
- WORLD POLIO DAY, October 24, 2018 https://www.endpolio.org/world-polio-day
- P-BRUINS ROTARY DAY FOR POLIO, November 9, 2018, The Dunk, Providence, RI https://rotary7950.com/event/rotary-night-at-the-providence-bruins/
- THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF ROTARY ASSEMBLY- DESIGNED FOR PRESIDENT ELECTS AND DEVELOPED FOR ALL ROTARIANS, November 10, 2018, 8 am to 2 pm. White’s of Westport. Lunch included. https://rotary7950.com/event/the-nut-s-and-bolts-of-rotary/
- FOUNDATION DINNER, usually 6pm Social Hour/ 7 pm Dinner, November 15, 2018, Rosebrook Event Center, Wareham, MA
- MID-YEAR MEETING/PrePETS, February 9, 2019
- NORTHEAST PETS, March 7-9, 2019, Sheraton, Framingham MA
- ROTARY LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE (RLI), March 30, 2019, Amica, Lincoln, RI
- DISTRICT INTERNATIONAL NIGHT, April 1, 2019, Double Tree, Danvers, MA
- DISTRICT ASSEMBLY: SECRETARIES, TREASURERS, ALL ROTARIANS, April 13, 2019, White’s of Westport
- MULTI DISTRICT CONFERENCE, May 3-4, 2019, Double Tree, Danvers, MA
- ROTARY INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION, June 1-5, 2019, Hamburg, Germany
- DISTRICT GOVERNOR INSTALLATION, June 17, 2019, Cape Codder, Hyannis, MA
One More Thing – An Orren Classic
"Fred", said a young man to his friend after listening to his wild story, "do you know why you are like a harp struck by lightning?"
"No", says Fred, "I give up".
"Because a harp struck by lightning is a blasted lyre!"